Taking care of your skin is one of the best ways to maintain your beauty. Skin is the largest organ and hence needs proper care and nourishment to function well. Most of us don’t realize the importance of skin care until a problem occurs.
A fair and glowing skin not only makes you look attractive but is a sign of good health. You don’t have to use expensive products and cosmetics to get fair skin.
Ayurveda, the ancient science has the provided the best solution for all kinds of beauty issues. Tap into the immense potential of Ayurveda to keep your skin healthy and glowing. There are many herbal remedies that can enhance the beauty of your skin.
Here are the top 10 Ayurvedic beauty tips that help in improving the color of your skin. These herbal solutions are free from harmful chemicals and help restore the complexion of your skin.
1. Papaya and Besan Face Pack
Papaya is one of the highly nutritious fruits that is widely used in Ayurveda preparations. It has the ability to lighten skin complexion by reducing melanin, giving your skin a fairer look. Papaya is very beneficial when included in the regular diet. You can make a face pack using Papaya and Besan and apply it to the skin to get fair skin.
- A small slice of papaya
- 1 spoonful of besan
- Take the slice of papaya and blend it in a blender till smooth. Take the papaya pulp in a bowl and add besan to it.
- Mix it thoroughly and apply evenly to face. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash with cold water.
Tip: Repeat this procedure for 3 times a week for at least a month for noticeable results.
2.Turmeric with milk and honey
Turmeric is a beneficial ingredient used in Ayurvedic preparations. A lot of people use it as a natural remedy for treating certain ailments. Turmeric, also known as Haldi has the tendency to purify the skin from the root, making it brighter. It is used in Indian cuisines to add flavor. Turmeric is recommended for older generations, especially for skin whitening. Turmeric can restore the natural glow and make your skin look bright, especially when mixed with milk and honey.
- 1 spoon turmeric
- 1 spoon honey
- 2 spoons milk
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a paste. Apply it on the face using fingertips. Keep the pack for 20 minutes and wash with normal water.
Tip: Repeat this method every day for better results.
3. Saffron and milk
Saffron, also known as Kesar is a popular choice for skin care. Though it is priced a bit high, it can brighten skin in an effective way. Saffron is obtained from Crocus sativus flower and is extensively found in India and neighboring countries. It is often used in oriental cooking, adding aroma to the dish. Saffron has antihypertensive, cytotoxic, antitussive and many other benefits. Due to its medicinal properties, it should be included in your skincare routine.
- 2-3 strands of saffron
- 1 spoon milk
- Soak Kesar in 1 spoonful of milk for 30 minutes. The milk will turn orange or light yellow depending on the quality of Kesar.
- Mix it well and apply this mixture over skin. Gently massage and leave it for an entire night. Wash with normal water in the morning.
Tip: Repeated daily for long-lasting results.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera, also known as ghritkumari is used in a wide range of skin care products. The magical properties of Aloe Vera soothe the irritated skin. The succulent appendages contained in Aloe Vera make it an amazing ingredient for skin remedies. It packs a bulk of vitamins, minerals, and active compounds, making it an ideal ingredient for skin.
- 1 spoon aloe Vera
- ½ spoon cucumber juice
- Mix the ingredients to make a paste and massage the face with it. Leave it overnight and wash the face with normal water in the morning. Repeat it on a daily basis.
- You can even add ½ spoon of carrot or papaya juice and massage the skin with this mixture. The magical portion will brighten tanned skin within a few days.
Tip: Repeated twice a week for long-lasting results.
5. Kumkumadi tailam
Kumkumadi tailam, also known as Pharma Copeia is an Ayurvedic preparation that is comprised of 15-16 different herbal products. This oil is used in a number of skin care products and fairness creams. It is beneficial for lightening skin tan and makes the skin look fairer. Remember that one should use it in small quantities for only once a day. It is advised to do patch test over a small area before you start using it.
- 2 -3 drops of Kumkumadi tailam
- You can take 2-3 drops of Kumkumadi tailam and massage it over your face and exposed areas of skin. Apply this oil at night, for better results.
Tip: Repeated once a week for long-lasting results.
6. Sandalwood face pack
Sandalwood, also known as Chandan has a cooling effect on the body. It is useful in the treatment of acne, blemishes, rashes, and pimples. It gives the body a calming effect after overexposure to the sun. You can use sandalwood powder in the form of a lotion or paste for hydrating and cleanse the skin. You can get rid of pimples by applying the paste made by mixing one spoon of Chandan powder with one spoon of turmeric. Follow the below procedure for a fairer skin.
- 2 spoons of almond oil
- 2 spoons of coconut oil
- 5 spoons of sandalwood powder
Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply it to exposed areas of skin. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash with cold water. This paste also acts as a healer of skin and slows down the aging process.
Tip: Repeated twice a week for long-lasting results.
7. Neem and Holy Basil
Holy Basil and Neem are known for their antiseptic properties and gives freshness to the skin. Neem leaves not only prevents acne and pimples from breaking out but helps in improving the tone of skin. In many ancient cultures, neem leaves are eaten raw to get medicinal benefits. Basil is popular in Ayurveda because of its antiviral, antibacterial and immune enhancing properties. The skin tone can be improved greatly with consumption of basil leaves.
- 10 neem leaves
- 10 holy basil leaves
- 2 spoons rosewater
- Grind the neem leaves and holy basil leaves into a smooth paste. Add rose water to the paste and apply it over the face.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
Tip: Repeat this method for 3 times a week.
8. Honey and lemon
Honey and lemon are the ingredients that have many beneficial properties. It helps in repairing the skin and protects it from environmental damage. It also soothes the skin and slows down the aging process. Similarly, the antibacterial properties of lemon can help treat acne. It also acts as a skin brightener, removing black spots and blemishes.
- 2 spoons lemon juice
- 1 spoon honey
- Add honey to lemon juice and mix well. Apply the paste gently on skin and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash your face with normal water.
Tip: This paste can be applied daily.
9. Sweet Root and lemon
Licorice root has the ability to protect skin from sun rays and pollution, giving a clear skin. As said above, lemon juice improves the skin tone and helps to prevent zits. Licorice root is widely used in the ancient science of Ayurveda to treat a variety of problems. It is a powerful skin lightening ingredient that makes your beauty undeniable. It has several minerals and acids that help to get rid of dark skin tone.
- 2 spoon Licorice Root powder
- 3 spoon lemon juice
- Take a bowl. Add lemon juice and Licorice root powder. Mix well and apply the paste to exposed areas of skin. Leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
Tip: Apply this paste once in a week for better results.
10. Turmeric and cucumber juice
The Ayurvedic mixture of turmeric and cucumber juice is quite effective in removing tan and blemishes from your skin, giving you a fair skin. Cucumbers are known to have a cooling effect on the body and are packed with many health benefits. You can use it as a natural toner because of its cooling properties.
- 1 spoon of turmeric
- 3 spoons of cucumber juice
- Take a bowl and mix the ingredients to make a smooth paste. Coat your face gently with this paste and let it soak in for 30 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
Tip: Repeat this procedure for a few weeks for better results.
The above 10 Ayurvedic beauty tips help you get a fair and glowing skin. Besides following these tips, one should have a balanced diet and do regular exercise. There is a great significance of meditation and yoga in Ayurveda. Both these act as a source of positive energy and keep you young from inside.
Person’s genetics influences fairness heavily. If you have lost your fairness due to pigmentation or tanning, you can reverse the problem by following the above tips.
If you have been using any other Ayurvedic tip, let us know by commenting below!